Jun 08, 2008
MacOS 10.4+, iPhone/iPod Touch
VoodooPhone is a free web export plugin for the excellent VoodooPad that enables you to read VoodooPad documents on your iPhone or iPod Touch. To do so, the plugin generates a bookmarklet that contains your VoodooPad document as a data URL, so that you can conveniently open it in Safari from the iPhone's bookmarks menu.
Please note that very large VoodooPad documents or documents containing lots of embedded files (such as images) might not display correctly on the iPhone or cause its browser to crash.
- Download VoodooPhone using the button above.
- Unzip the file if your browser doesn't do this automatically.
- Select the Finder and hit Shift+Command+G.
- Enter "~/Library/Application Support/VoodooPad/Web Export PlugIns/" (without the quotes) into the dialog box and hit Enter.
- Drag the downloaded file into this directory.
- Restart VoodooPad if you had it running.
- Open the VoodooPad document you want to export.
- Choose "Export Document" → "Web Export" from the "File" menu.
- As "Web export plugin", choose "VoodooPhone".
- Select any directory as output directory.
- Hit the "Export" button.
- Drag the bookmarklet from the page that opens in your browser now somewhere into Safari's bookmarks.
- Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch in order to sync the bookmarklet to it.
- On your iPhone/iPod Touch, open the bookmarklet from the bookmarks menu.
- Enjoy reading your VoodooPad document on your iPhone!
- Notice: Do not use the browser's back and forward buttons, but use the ones built into the bookmarklet instead. They appear in the blue title bar at the top of each page. This is a limitation of the way the exported VoodooPad documents are stored on your iPhone.